Also on tap
• Franklin Street Yoga Center will hold a fundraiser for Susie’s Hope, an organization dedicated to animal rights and welfare, at 1 p.m. March 18 at 143 W. Franklin St.
The event will include a meet-and-greet with Susie, Bailey and Laila Ali, three dogs who are survivors of animal cruelty, as well as a yoga mala.
• The UNC student chapter of A Drink For Tomorrow will sponsor the “Toast For a Cause” banquet from 6 to 8 p.m. March 21 in The Great Hall on the UNC campus. The banquet will include speakers, musical performances and a raffle. Proceeds benefit A Drink For Tomorrow, a nonprofit that strives to combat the global water crisis.
• Aveda Institute, 200 W. Franklin St., will hold its Beauty for the Earth Day, providing complimentary haircuts, makeup applications, stress relieving treatments and other services, from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. March 21.
Donations to the Triangle Land Conservancy, Aveda’s Earth Month partner, will be accepted but not required. All donations received will go to the TLC.
Call 919-960-4769, ext. 3, to schedule an appointment.
• The UNC Association of Nursing Students will hold the first annual Heels for Healing 5K and fun run March 31 starting at the Old Well on the UNC campus.
Prices are $20 for the 5K, $10 for the half-mile fun run. Proceeds will benefit Bounceback Kids, a Triangle nonprofit that serves children with life-threatening medical conditions and their families and caregivers.
Call 919-744-8032 or see bit.ly/AdYKTz.
• The East Chapel Hill Rotary Club and Chapel Hill Parks and Recreation will present the inaugural 5K at Earth Action Day lifestyle race and 1-mile family fun from from 10 a.m. to noon April 14at Southern Community Park.
A portion of proceeds will benefit the Chapel Hill-Carrboro Teachers’ Supply Store.
Following the 5K and Fun Run, the Town of Chapel Hill will hold its annual Earth Action Day Festival from noon to 5 p.m.
Registration is $30 for individuals, $70 for families of three or more. Onsite registration will be available for an additional $5.
Register at townofchapelhill.org/earthday.
Registration is now open for Chatham Habitat for Humanity’s Third Annual Chatham 3RingCycle, set for 8:30 a.m. May 12, at 8:30 a.m. at the Central Carolina Community College campus in Pittsboro.
The bicycle ride features 30, 60, and 100 mile loops. Pre-registration for adults is $40; $45 for walk-on registration. Pre-registration for ages 16-18 is $30; $35 walk-on.
Sign up at ChathamHabitat.org/3RingCycle.