Published: Jun 19, 2012 07:00 PM
Modified: Jun 19, 2012 05:32 PM
Tom Brokaw said, It's easy to make a buck. It's a lot tougher to make a difference. Make a difference this summer by volunteering! Contact Lynn Odom at 919-613-5105 or email her at email@example.com for more info.
• Help a child improve his/her reading this summer. Give one hour to read with a child, ages 6-12. A Summer Reading Program at the Salvation Army needs YOU. Contact Tracey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• While most UNC students are away this summer, extra help is needed at HOPE Gardens. Contact email@example.com for more info.
• Help socialize a rescue dog by teaching simple commands and by taking them for walks. Contact Petsaver, NC at 919-613-5105 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• If you know a teen between the ages of 12 and 18 years-old, encourage him/her to be a part of the Mayors Award program. Teens receive as much as they give during the summer. For more information, contact Rebekah Haithcock at 919-684-9690 or email@example.com.
• The Ackland Art Museum is a treasure of Chapel Hill and UNC. To discover connections between your interests and their needs, contact Allison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Spend your July 4 morning (7to 10 a.m.) volunteering for Le Tour de Carrboro! Arc of Orange County is one of the beneficiaries this year. Contact Susan at email@example.com.
All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.