Also on Tap
• Chapel Hill-Carrboro Meals on Wheels will host a Food Truck Rodeo from 4:30 to 8 p.m. Friday, Oct. 5, at the Carrboro Farmers Market.
Food Trucks including Chick’n’que, Glutey Tooty, Old North State BBQ, Only Burger, Parlez-vous Crepes, Pie Pushers and Sympathy for the Deli will donate 10 percent of their sales to Meals on Wheels. Also on tap are a raffle and silent auction, games for kids, and live music by the Bolin Creek String Band.
For more information call 919-942-2948 or go to chcmow.org.
• Kids Rock!, an outdoor rock concert for young children to benefit the Chapel Hill Cooperative Preschool, will be held from 2 to 6 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 14, at Forest Theatre on the UNC campus.
The Atomic Rhythm All-Stars will play family-friendly dance music. All proceeds will go the Chapel Hill Cooperative Preschool.
Tickets are $7 in advance, $10 at the door, and free for kids 12 and under. To purchase tickets or learn more, go to http://kidsrock3.eventbrite.com.
• Friends of Historic Moorefilelds will host Moorefields on the Lawn, a fundraiser and dinner to benefit the historic Hillsborough home at 4 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 14.
The evening will include music by the Triangle Jazz Orchestra, food, wine and silent auction.
For tickets and information, call 919-732-4384 or see moorefields.org.
• The 3rd Annual Pig Out for the Cure barbecue fundraiser for cancer research and treatment will be held from noon to 2 p.m. Thursday, OCt. 18, at Coldwell Banker, Howard Perry and Walston, 1600 E. Franklin St.
Proceeds will benefit the UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Plates are $10. For information and to pre-order, see PigOutForTheCure.org.
• Registration is open for the Burwell School Historic Site’s 3rd Annual 5K Run for History.
The run will be held on Nov. 10, starting and finishing at the Burwell School, 319 N. Churton St, Hillsborough.
Proceeds benefit the Burwell School Historic Site’s facilities and programs.
To register, or for more information, see burwellschool.org.