Also on Tap
• Volunteers are needed for the Sixth Annual Project Connect Orange County, a free event that links people who are experiencing or are at risk for homelessness with services including health and dental care, mental and substance abuse treatment, housing resources, employment, education and job training assistance and more.
The event will be held from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct 11, at the Hargraves Community Center, 216 N. Roberson St.
For information or to volunteer, call 919-245-2496 or see phc.orange.org
• The eight annual Roy Williams Fast Break Against Cancer breakfast and auction will be held from 7:30 to 9:30 a.m. Friday, Oct. 12, at the Dean E. Smith Center on the UNC campus
Tickets are $100. Proceeds benefit the UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center’s cancer research, prevention and treatment programs.
For tickets and information, see unclineberger.org/fastbreak
• The 16th annual Walk for Education organized by the Chapel Hill-Carrboro Public School Foundation will begin at 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 13, at McCorkle Place on the UNC campus.
The walk will proceed from there to the CH-C School District offices at Lincoln Center, 750 S. Merritt Mill Road. The walk concludes with a carnival on the grounds of the Lincoln Center.
Festivities begin at 1:30 p.m. Shuttles will run from Chapel Hill and Carrboro high schools.
There is no registration; everyone is welcome.
For more information, see publicschoolfoundation.org
• Boy Scout Troop 45 will hold its annual BBQ fundraiser from 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 13 at Hillsong Church hall, 201 Culbreth Road.
Dine in or carry out home-cooked dinner with all the fixings, or pick up a pound to go. Donation: $9 per adult, $5 per child, $30 per family (up to 6 plates, includes 2 adults).
For information, call 919-564-5668.
• Community Church of Chapel Hill UU, 106 N. Purefoy Road, will hold a Fabric Sale for Charity from 9 a.m. until noon Saturday, Oct. 13. Silks, velvets and Asian brocades will be for sale. All fabric is $10 per yard.
Proceeds benefit church activities including Habitat For Humanity.
• The Goathouse Autumn Art Auction will be held at Goathouse Refuge, 680 Alton Alston Road, Pittsboro, from 2 to 5 p.m. Saturday, Oct 13.
Paintings, sculptures and more will be up for bid. Tickets are $10 in advance, $15 on site.
All proceeds benefit the Goathouse Refuge, a no-kill, no-cage refuge for cats and kittens.
For tickets and information, call 919-542-6815 or see goathouserefuge.org
• Kids Rock!, an outdoor rock concert for young children to benefit the Chapel Hill Cooperative Preschool, will be held from 2 to 6 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 14, at Forest Theatre on the UNC campus.
The Atomic Rhythm All-Stars will play family-friendly dance music. All proceeds will go the Chapel Hill Cooperative Preschool.
Tickets are $7 in advance, $10 at the door, and free for kids 12 and under. To purchase tickets or learn more, go to http://kidsrock3.eventbrite.com.
• Friends of Historic Moorefilelds will host Moorefields on the Lawn, a fundraiser and dinner to benefit the historic Hillsborough home at 4 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 14.
The evening will include music by the Triangle Jazz Orchestra, food, wine and silent auction.
For tickets and information, call 919-732-4384 or see moorefields.org.