Also on Tap
• Registration is open for the Burwell School Historic Site’s 3rd Annual 5K Run for History.
The run will be held on Nov. 10, starting and finishing at the Burwell School, 319 N. Churton St, Hillsborough.
Proceeds benefit the Burwell School Historic Site’s facilities and programs.
To register, or for more information, see burwellschool.org.
• A Barbecue and Brunswick Stew fundraiser will be held from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Nov. 10 at the Hillsborough Exchange Club, 331 Exchange Park Lane.
The event is sponsored by Eagle Lodge 19 A.F. and A.M., and proceeds will benefit the Masonic Home for Children at Oxford.
For information, see http://www.eagle19.org.
• The ninth annal Southern VIllage 5K and Family Fun Run will be held Nov. 11 at Southern Village to benefit the Chapel Hill Service League.
The 5K will be held at 2 p.m., and the Family Fun Run will be begin at 3:30 p.m. Children’s activities will go on from 12:30 to 3:30 p.m.
To register, visit sv5k.com.
• Hidden Voices will present a benefit and film screening of “Dar He: The Lynching of Emmett Till,” on Nov. 16 at the Varsity Theater, 123 E. Franklin St.
The event will include a reception at 5 p.m., live music at 6:15 p.m., and the screening featuring actor Mike Wiley at 7 p.m.
Proceeds benefit Hidden Voices. For information see hiddenvoices.org.
• The second annal Homebrew for Hunger festival will be held in two sessions Nov. 17 at West End Public, 462 W. Franklin St.
The event will showcase local beer from homebrewers and craft breweries from noon to 3 p.m. and from 4 to 7 p.m. Proceeds will benefit PORCH, a local hunger relief organization.
Information and tickets are at homebrewforhunger.com.
• The 11th annual N.C. Children’s Promise Radiothon/Telethon will include a Country for Kids concert No. 27 at the Durham Performing Arts Center, with proceeds benefiting the North Carolina Children’s Hospital.
The concert will feature live performances by Kix Brooks, Scotty McCreery, Josh Thompson, Lee Brice, Glorianna and Jason Michael Carroll.
Information is available at 919-843-3948, and tickets are available at 919-680-2787 or dpacnc.com.