Also on Tap
• Carolina Campus Recreation will host a Veterans’ Day 5K and one-mile walk today starting at the Rams Head Plaza, to honor and help local homeless veterans.
Check-in is at 9 a.m., and the run starts at 10 a.m.
In lieu of registration fees, participants are asked to bring nonperishable food items to be donated to the Durham Rescue Mission for its upcoming Thanksgiving Holiday Community Dinner and Food Give-away.
For more, see durhamrescuemission.org
• Hidden Voices will present a benefit and film screening of “Dar He: The Lynching of Emmett Till,” on Nov. 16 at the Varsity Theater, 123 E. Franklin St.
The event will include a reception at 5 p.m., live music at 6:15 p.m., and the screening featuring actor Mike Wiley at 7 p.m.
Proceeds benefit Hidden Voices. For information see hiddenvoices.org.
• The second annal Homebrew for Hunger festival will be held in two sessions Nov. 17 at West End Public, 462 W. Franklin St.
The event will showcase local beer from homebrewers and craft breweries from noon to 3 p.m. and from 4 to 7 p.m. Proceeds will benefit PORCH, a local hunger relief organization.
Information and tickets are at homebrewforhunger.com.
• The Piedmont Wildlife Center will hold its Celebrate Wildlife! Gala & Auction from 6:30 to 10:30 p.m. Nov. 17 at the Durham Armory. The event will include gourmet food, cash bar, live music, silent and live auctions, and more. Details and tickets are available at piedmontwildlifecenter.org.
• The 11th annual N.C. Children’s Promise Radiothon/Telethon will include a Country for Kids concert Nov. 27 at the Durham Performing Arts Center, with proceeds benefiting the North Carolina Children’s Hospital.
The concert will feature live performances by Kix Brooks, Scotty McCreery, Josh Thompson, Lee Brice, Glorianna and Jason Michael Carroll.
Information is available at 919-843-3948, and tickets are available at 919-680-2787 or dpacnc.com.
• The Orange County Rape Crisis Center will hold its 25th Annual Holiday Auction presented by Sports Endeavors at 5 p.m. Dec. 2, at the Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel.
The event will include live and silent auctions, dinner, live music by Euinox and more.
The auction is the Rape Crisis Center’s primary special event fundraiser, and proceeds will support the Center’s mission to stop sexual violance and its impact through support, education and advocacy.
Information and tickets are available at 919-968-4647 or ocrcc.org/auction.