Published: Feb 05, 2013 08:00 PM
Modified: Feb 05, 2013 05:03 PM
East TD Fundraiser:
The East Chapel Hill Touchdown Club will celebrate the Chinese New Year with a fundraiser planned for 7 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 9, at City Kitchen in University mall. The event will feature Chinese delicacies, and adult beverages will be available for purchase. Local artist Vivien Burns ( www.inkstonefineart.com
.) will display and offer for sale an assortment of her exceptional paintings, prints and prints on silk scarves, with profits benefiting Wildcat football. Tickets will be available at the door with a suggested donation of $20, proceeds to benefit the Wildcat football team. Email EastTDClub@nc.rr.com
to learn more. Chapel Hill Spring:
Never mind the chilly weather. Chapel Hill Parks and Recreation is gearing up for its spring programs. CHP&R has opened registration for the following sports:
• Adult Recreational Softball costs $600 per team, with an additional $5 fee for each non-Orange County resident. A $200 deposit is required at registration.
• Pee Wee Baseball for boys and girls ages 5-6. Registration costs $50 for local residents, $60 for others. Space is limited.
• Little League Baseball and Softball. Boys and girls ages 7-12 costs $60 for local residents, $72 for others. Space is limited.
Ultimate Frisbee for ages 9-12. The fee is $50 for local residents and $60 for others. Registration ends Feb. 22.
• USTA Team Tennis features a tennis league for ages 6-10, using the QuickStart format. Registration is $26 and begins Feb. 8 online at www.docta.org
Adult & Youth Tennis Classes are limited to eight participants per class. The meeting times vary.
• Volunteer coaches: CHP&R is looking for youth baseball and softball coaches, for age groups 7-12.
For more information, call the Chapel Hill Parks & Recreation Department at 919-968-2784. Carrboro Co-Rec Softball:
Registration is open for the Carrboro Recreation Department’s 2013 Spring Co-Rec Softball League. The adult co-ed league will play on Tuesdays and Thursdays from April through June. A team fee of $625 is required, with a non-refundable deposit of $200 due at registration. A fee of $37 is required for all participants residing outside of Orange County. The signup deadline is March 1 or when the league is full. For more information, call 919-918-7364. St. Paul 5K:
The Saint Paul Village Community Walk and 5K Run will be held on March 2, starting at 8 a.m. at McDougle School. Go to www.stpaulamechapelhill.org
and click on "Saint Paul Village 5K" to pre-register. For more information, contact St. Paul AME Church at 919-967-3961. Proceeds from the 5K will be given to the Inter-Faith Council and Orange Habitat for Humanity. Adult Kickball:
The World Adult Kickball Association opens in spring season in Chapel Hill on March 7. Games will be played weekly at 6:45 and 7:45 p.m. Thursday nights at Homestead Park. Registration costs $68 per player through Feb. 15. For more information, email mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
. Cardinals Lacrosse
: North Chatham Cardinals Youth Lacrosse has opened registration for its 2013 Spring Boys Lacrosse program for grades K-2, 3-4, 5-6 and middle school. ), and all games will be played under the direction of NCHSAA certified officials. Protective gear and a stick are required. For players lacking some equipment, season rentals are available. For more information, see or email email@example.com
• Baseball Camp, July 15-19, is for youth ages 9-12. The fee is $90. Sessions run 8-11 a.m.
• Basketball Camp I, July 15-19, is for youth ages 6-8. The fee is $90. Sessions run 8:30-11:30 a.m.
• Basketball Camp II, July 22-26, is for ages 9-11. The fee is $90. Sessions run 8:30-11:30 a.m.
• Field Hockey Camp, June 24-28, is for youth ages 10-13. The fee for each camp is $90. Sessions run 8-11 a.m.
All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.