Published: Feb 19, 2013 07:00 PM
Modified: Feb 19, 2013 03:57 PM
St. Paul 5K:
The Saint Paul Village Community Walk and 5K Run will be held on March 2, starting at 8 a.m. at McDougle School. Go to www.stpaulamechapelhill.org
and click on "Saint Paul Village 5K" to pre-register. For more information, contact St. Paul AME Church at 919-967-3961. Proceeds from the 5K will be given to the Inter-Faith Council and Orange Habitat for Humanity. Adult Kickball:
The World Adult Kickball Association opens in spring season in Chapel Hill on March 7. Games will be played weekly at 6:45 and 7:45 p.m. Thursday nights at Homestead Park. Registration costs $68 per player through Feb. 15. For more information, email mailto:email@example.com
. Chapel Hill Spring:
Chapel Hill Parks and Recreation has opened registration for the following sports:
• Adult Recreational Softball costs $600 per team, with an additional $5 fee for each non-Orange County resident. A $200 deposit is required at registration.
• Pee Wee Baseball for boys and girls ages 5-6. Registration costs $50 for local residents, $60 for others. Space is limited.
• Little League Baseball and Softball. Boys and girls ages 7-12 costs $60 for local residents, $72 for others. Space is limited.
Ultimate Frisbee for ages 9-12. The fee is $50 for local residents and $60 for others. Registration ends Feb. 22.
• USTA Team Tennis features a tennis league for ages 6-10, using the QuickStart format. Registration is $26 and begins Feb. 8 online at www.docta.org
Adult & Youth Tennis Classes are limited to eight participants per class. The meeting times vary.
• Volunteer coaches: CHP&R is looking for youth baseball and softball coaches, for age groups 7-12.
For more information, call the Chapel Hill Parks & Recreation Department at 919-968-2784. Carrboro Co-Rec Softball:
Registration is open for the Carrboro Recreation Department’s 2013 Spring Co-Rec Softball League. The adult co-ed league will play on Tuesdays and Thursdays from April through June. A team fee of $625 is required, with a non-refundable deposit of $200 due at registration. A fee of $37 is required for all participants residing outside of Orange County. The signup deadline is March 1 or when the league is full. For more information, call 919-918-7364. YMCA sports, camps:
The YMCA has opened registration for its popular youth programs’ spring seasons and day camp. Sports programs include YMCA soccer for boys and girls (age 3 up through sixth grade) at Homestead Park and volleyball (grades 4-8) at the YMCA’s Martin Luther King Location. The Chapel Hill-Carrboro Y Day Camp is for rising first- through eighth-graders, with an active focus on a wide range of sports and team-based games. Weekly sessions will run June 10-Aug. 16 at the main Y branch. For information on the spring programs, the Y Day Camp or the full selection of Y summer camps, visit the YMCA at 980 Martin Luther king Blvd. or check them out online at www.chcymca.org
. Registrations can be processed online. For more information on volunteer coaching opportunities, contact sports director Mike Meyen at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Orange Senior Games: Friday is the deadline for “early bird” registration to take part in Orange County’s 2013 Senior Games. The Games and affiliated Silver Arts Events for ages 55 and up will take place from March 23 through May 15. Final registration ends March 8. Registration forms are available at the Orange County senior centers and recreation facilities throughout Orange County and the Towns of Chapel Hill and Carrboro. For more information or to receive a mailed registration form mailed, please call Dana Hughes, Senior Games Coordinator, at 919-918-7372 or Corina Riley, Senior Games Registrar at 919-245-4251. Cardinals Lacrosse
: North Chatham Cardinals Youth Lacrosse has opened registration for its 2013 Spring Boys Lacrosse program for grades K-2, 3-4, 5-6 and middle school. ), and all games will be played under the direction of NCHSAA certified officials. Protective gear and a stick are required. For players lacking some equipment, season rentals are available. For more information, see or email email@example.com
• Baseball Camp, July 15-19, is for youth ages 9-12. The fee is $90. Sessions run 8-11 a.m.
• Basketball Camp I, July 15-19, is for youth ages 6-8. The fee is $90. Sessions run 8:30-11:30 a.m.
• Basketball Camp II, July 22-26, is for ages 9-11. The fee is $90. Sessions run 8:30-11:30 a.m.
• Field Hockey Camp, June 24-28, is for youth ages 10-13. The fee for each camp is $90. Sessions run 8-11 a.m.
All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.