Published: Mar 02, 2013 07:00 PM
Modified: Mar 01, 2013 03:57 PM
• Eric Devron Jackson, 35, of Chapel Hill was charged Feb. 22 with felony assault by strangulation and misdemeanor assault on a female, police reported.
• Heath William Sewell, 32, of 104 Pinegate Circle Apt–2 was charged Feb. 21 with felony robbery with a dangerous weapon, misdemeanor simple assault, misdemeanor assault on a female, misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia, misdemeanor communicating threats and misdemeanor interfering with emergency communications, police reported.
• Randy Adrian Sanchez-Rodriguez, 19, of 501 Jones Ferry Road, Apt-P7, Carrboro was charged Feb. 20 with failure to appear, resisting arrest, felony breaking and entering and larceny and driving without a license, police reported.
• Police reported several burglaries at residences between Feb. 18 and Feb. 20.
In one incident, a home on the 500 block of Westminster Drive was burglarized sometime between Feb. 18 and Feb.20 in which the home was entered and a laptop valued at $1,200.
In the second incident a home in the same area on Adrians Place was burglarized Feb. 19 around 1 a.m. in which the resident was entered through an unlocked door and electronics, cash and credit cards valued at $1,843 was taken.
A third burglary was reported Feb. 18 around 11 p.m. on the 600 block of Churchill Drive in which the residence was entered and $10 in rolled quarters was taken.
• Police reported a break-in of an unlocked vehicle on the 200 block Adaire Way Feb. 20 in which a laptop valued at $2,100 was stolen.
• Police reported vandalism to vehicles on:
- the 700 block of Bolinwood Drive Feb. 18 in which the vehicle was spray painted resulting in $1,000 damage.
- the 300 block of West Cameron Avenue Feb. 19 in which the rear windshield was shattered with an unknown object causing $350 damage.
• Police reported the larceny of empty soda cans valued at $20 from a residence on the 100 block of Johnson Street Feb. 18.
• Police reported a break-in to a business on the 100 block of East Franklin Street between the hours of 1 a.m. and 10 a.m. Feb. 16 in which the building was broken into with an unknown pry tool and cash and merchandise valued at $14,919.50 was taken.Hillsborough
• Police reported a break-in to a residence on the 6400 block of Alie Mae Road Feb. 21 in which a locked back door was entered and long guns, jewelry and a laptop valued at $3,380 was taken.
• Police reported a break-in to a locked shed on the 6700 block of N.C. 70 West near Alamance County in which an all-terrain vehicle valued at $4,000 was taken.
• Police reported a break-in to a residence on the 200 block of Phoenix Drive Feb. 15 in which a locked door was entered and items including electronics, gaming systems and jewelry valued at $11,695 was taken.
• Police reported larcenies from residences Feb. 18 on:
- the 600 block of Fox Trail near Alamance County in which a mountain bike valued at $800 was stolen.
- the 100 block of Stone Ridge Drive in which a gold and diamond bracelet valued at $6,950 was stolen.
• Police are alerting the public to an internet scam. A citizen applied for a Craigslist job as a caregiver for an elderly person, supposedly the mother of the poster. The poster claimed to be deaf and could only communicate via email and sent a check for $2,750.
The citizen was told to cash the check and send part of the money to a specific address using Money Gram to supposedly cover the mother’s travel expenses. The citizen attempted to cash the check at a Chapel Hill bank and was informed the check was stolen from a California business several months ago. The business has received several calls from the Chapel Hill area.
Police are warning that anytime a citizen receives a check for more than they should and are asked to send money back, to beware – it is a scam.Compiled by correspondent Carlton Koonce
All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.