• The Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development has named Rebecca Hite of Carrboro High School an Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellow for its 2013 class of emerging leaders. The two-year program recognizes and prepares young educators to influence education programs, policy and practice on the local and national levels.
• Rob Dallara of Chapel Hill has been inducted into honor society Phi Beta Kappa at UNC-Chapel Hill. Qualifying students must earn a grade point average of 3.7 or better during the semester.
• Alexander Nisbet of Carrboro took second place honors at the 37th annual PLANET Student Career Days competition in Auburn, Ala. Organized by PLANET, the national trade association for landscape professionals, SCD allows students to compete in 28 events related to the skills necessary for a career in the industry.
• Several members of the Boy Scouts of America Troop 835 were awarded the rank of Eagle Scout during a ceremony at Amity United Methodist Church. The following were named: Steve Shannon, son of Andrew and Pam Shannon; Andrew HoTong, son of Anthony and Betty HoTong; Walker M. Knight, son of Josiah and Myra Knight; and Colton M. Shoup, son of Dave and Michelle Shoup, all of Chapel Hill. For their Eagle Scout project, all four scouts focused on improving Chapel Hill schools and parks.
• The American Heart Association has named Lee Storrow of Chapel Hill the Volunteer Advocate of the Year. Storrow, a Chapel Hill Town Council member, is the managing director for the N.C. Alliance for Health Coalition.
Please send announcements and photos (jpg formatt) to email@example.com