TABLE’s inaugural Empty Bowls dinner will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 20, at Provence, 2013 W. Weaver St., Carrboro. The evening will include locally made pottery, soup, bread, dessert and live entertainment to raise money for TABLE’s hunger relief programs for kids in Chapel Hill and Carrboro. Tickets cost $30 online or the day of the event. tablenc.org.
Also on Tap
• Chatham Animal Rescue & Education will provide free spay and neuter surgeries for cats and dogs until Nov. 30. chathamanimalrescue.org.
• The Orange County Master Gardeners’ fall bulb sale fundraiser will run until the end of October. orange.ces.ncsu.edu.
• Organizers of the Creative Food Drive seek volunteers for the event. The food drive will be held on Saturday, Oct. 19, at the American Tobacco Campus. firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Carrack Modern Art of Durham will hold its second annual fundraiser to support The Carrack’s programming and artist support efforts until Saturday, Oct. 19, with events including an exhibit, dance performance and gala. thecarrack.org/event/fundraiser.
• The fourth annual Super Cooper’s Rockin’ Run and Festival will be from 2 to 6 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 19, at Southern Village on Market Street in Chapel Hill. The event will benefit the Super Cooper’s Little Red Wagon Foundation that supports families of children affected by brain tumors. supercooperswagon.org.
• Pig Out for the Cure will raise money for the UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center with $12 barbecue plates from noon to 2 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 24, at 1600 E. Franklin St., Chapel Hill. Delivery is available for orders of 10 or more. pigoutforthecure.org, 919-960-6300.
• Durham will observe the National Disability Employment Awareness Month of October with a speech by Dr. Rickey Scott and a reception from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 24, in the City Council Chambers, 101 City Hall Plaza. Employers will be recognized for their hiring and good relationships with employees with disabilities at this celebration. There is also a poster competition for ages 5 to 21. durhamnc.gov/ich/mayor/Pages/Disability.aspx.
• Steel String Brewery will host a benefit night for the Compass Center for Women and Families from 7 to 10 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 24, at 106 S. Greensboro St., Chapel Hill.
• The Volunteer Center will celebrate Make a Difference Day with local volunteer opportunities on Friday, Oct. 25, and Saturday, Oct. 26. thevolunteercenter.org.
• CORA Food Pantry’s Halloween Carnival will begin at noon, and the 25th Hunger Walk will begin at 2:30 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 27, at Pittsboro Elementary School, 375 Pittsboro Elementary School Road. corafoodpantry.org.
• The Roast of Carrboro Mayor Mark Chilton will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 29, at the Carrboro Century Center, 100 N. Greensboro St. The Carrboro Board of Aldermen and EmPOWERment will celebrate Mayor Chilton’s 20 years of service with dinner, drinks and comedy. Tickets cost $50. theroastofmark.eventbrite.com.