HILLSBOROUGH — Although elections officials reported fewer filings this week, some Orange and Chatham residents managed to make it through the snow to sign up for local, state and national offices.
Anyone interested in launching a campaign this year has until noon Feb. 28 to file with the Orange County Board of Elections, 208 S. Cameron St. in Hillsborough. More information is available at bit.ly/1neELTM.
The primary election will be held May 6. The candidates, as of 5 p.m. Friday, are:
• U.S. House, District 6: Laura Fjeld (D), Bruce Davis (D)
• N.C. Senate, District 23: Incumbent state Sen. Valerie Foushee (D)
• N.C. House District 50: W. Lewis Hannah Jr. (R)
• N.C. House District 56: Incumbent state Rep. Verla Insko (D)
• Orange County Board of Commissioners: District 1, Chapel Hill-Carrboro School Board Vice Chairwoman Mia Burroughs (D); District 2, incumbent Commissioners Vice Chairman Earl McKee (D), Mark Marcoplos (D); At-large District, incumbent Commissioners Chairman Barry Jacobs (D), Bonnie Hauser (D)
• Orange County School Board (nonpartisan): Incumbent Donna D. Coffey
• Orange County Sheriff: Larry D. Faucette (D), Buddy Parker (D) and Andy Cagle (D)
• Orange-Chatham District Attorney: Incumbent Jim Woodall (D)
• Superior Court Judge, District 15B (nonpartisan): Incumbent judges Carl Fox, Allen Baddour
• Clerk of Court (nonpartisan): Incumbent James “Jamie” Stanford
• Register of Deeds: Incumbent Deborah B. Brooks (D), Sara Stephens (D)
• Carrboro Board of Aldermen (special election): Bethany Chaney, Theresa Watson
Chatham County voters also will fill some seats, including on the Chatham County Board of Commissioners and the Chatham County School Board.
More information about Chatham County races is available at bit.ly/1iT9zca.
Candidates filing as of 5 p.m. Friday include:
• U.S. Senate: Mark Harris (R), Ted Alexander (R), Heather Grant (R)
• U.S. Congress, District 2: Frank Roche (R)
• U.S. Congress, District 4: Incumbent Rep. David Price (D)
• Chatham County Board of Commissioners: District 1, Karen Howard (D); District 3, Diana Hales (D); and District 4, Jim Crawford (D).
• Chatham County Sheriff: Incumbent Richard H. Webster (D), Gary Franks (D), Larry Meadows (R)
• Clerk of Court: Incumbent Sam Cooper (D)
• Chatham County School Board (nonpartisan election will take place this fall): District 3: Incumbent Del Turner, Mia Munn; District 4, Angela Millsaps; District 5, Incumbent Gary Leonard